This is the setup I used in 3dsMax. I usually set up the character turnarounds as the environment background but the update for 3dsMax 2014 took out that option. It wasn’t a problem, just a minor set back. I locked the planes with the turnarounds on a separate layer so they would not be accidentally moved while building my character.
After a few hours, Quorri’s head started to come along. She wears her head gear 100% of the time so I didn’t think her ears were needed to be built.
So these are the basic test renders of what Quorri’s head and her head gear looks like. I didn’t quite wrap her head gear all the way around her head because her hair, and it would create unnecessary polygons. But so far so good; I know I’m going to have a little trouble with her hair, but I don’t think it’ll be that bad.
In the next week and half, I’m planning to get as much, if not finish, building her body so I can get to the texturing process.